Shotwell 0.28 “Braunschweig” is out.
Half a year later than I was expecting it to be, sorry. This release fixes 60 Bugs! Get it at GNOME’s download server, from GIT or in the Shotwell PPA really soon™. A big thank you to all contributors that make up all the bits and pieces for such a release.
- The viewer can now be started in full screen mode
- We have added better support for images with transparent backgrounds
- The image processing pipeline got much faster
- Importing RAW images got much faster
- Finally got rid of one of the “Cannot claim USB device” errors for camera import
- Tumblr got promoted to be in the main export plugin set
- It can be build using meson
Things we have lost:
- We removed F-Spot import. I believe that this is not necessary anymore now.
- Racje and Yandex plugins are no longer in the plugin set that is build by default