Hello everyone, as “teased” over on discourse, April 22nd saw the release of Shotwell’s new stable version, 0.32.0.
New features include:
- More image formats: AVIF, CR3, HEIF/HVEC, JPEG XL & WebP
- Some initial geographical data handling (The map display will likely return in 33)
- Multiple libraries and settings that are isolated from each other
- Support of more than one account for publishing services
- Manual tagging of persons
- Automatic detection and recognition of persons can be enabled during compile time
- HiDPI support for the image viewer
- Simpler handling of hierarchical tags
The new version should pop up on flathub soon, and if you were subscribing to the GNOME nightly version, I would also recommend to switch to the flathub version, the GNOME nightly version will start to become quite unstable soonish.